Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summer Activities

Paul had Youth Conference and Scout camp this past month which was wet and cold and hot and dry which is what you should expect in the mountains.

One funny story happened at lunch one afternoon when all of the youth and leaders had just sat down to eat (about 200 people). The Stake Young Men's President stood up with an announcement and promptly stated that we would all be "making love." Well, you can imagine how this went over with the youth, when they all started to laugh and cheer, and one young man next to me said "finally!" I am not sure what he was trying to say, and I know he had just had surgery on his vocal chords, but man....it was the funniest thing I have heard in a while. Good times at Youth Conference.

All in all it was a blast and a great experience for youth and adults alike. Here are a few pictures from Youth Conference.

Ethan looking like Lawrence of Arabia.

Ahh...true Christians.


Jake after washing hair on day three.

Paul trying his hand at the sling.

No comments:

Shauna, Paul, and Joaquin Mayer

This is the Mayer Family blog. This is our attempt to keep a record for ourselves of the happenings of our family. It is also an attempt to make it easier for our family and friends to see pictures and get updates.

Joaquin and Papa play

Joaquin and Papa play
Joaquin and Papa play

Running in the sand

Running in the sand
Running in the sand

Sitting on the sand bench

Sitting on the sand bench
Sitting on the sand bench

big boy

big boy
I'm a big boy now!

bath

bath
Getting ready for my bath with daddy

dad and his hat

dad and his hat
I look cool in dad's hat