Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Gems

The title of this post does not refer to my wife or the kids, but refers to posts I find sometimes while engaging in the activity which, I understand, is know as "blog stalking.'' Blog stalking seems to refer to the practice of looking and following people's blogs who you have never met and would consider sitting in your car on their street watching them to see what interesting things they are up to...if you didn't have a life.  But since most of us are well-adjusted rational human beings and consider it too much trouble to open our own garage doors or actually get up and change the channel on the TV, I am about 50% sure I will never engage in said car-on-street stalking activity.

This blog entry http://idaholyoaks.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-09-05T08%3A36%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=7 is from the blog of a professor at BYU Idaho who is concerned about the backlash against science and scientists in politics.  He has some authority to speak to this because he himself is a scientist.  Science, like most everything else in life, is imperfect but this does not mean its findings and results should not be considered and employed.  Unfortunately, even science that is basically unquestioned is ignored by good numbers of people-i.e., Utahns along the Wasatch front who refuse to do anything about our air pollution problem collectively or individually.  Anyway enjoy this post...or just skip it.  

I just hope he does not stalk me for posting a link to his blog.  

No comments:

Shauna, Paul, and Joaquin Mayer

This is the Mayer Family blog. This is our attempt to keep a record for ourselves of the happenings of our family. It is also an attempt to make it easier for our family and friends to see pictures and get updates.

Joaquin and Papa play

Joaquin and Papa play
Joaquin and Papa play

Running in the sand

Running in the sand
Running in the sand

Sitting on the sand bench

Sitting on the sand bench
Sitting on the sand bench

big boy

big boy
I'm a big boy now!

bath

bath
Getting ready for my bath with daddy

dad and his hat

dad and his hat
I look cool in dad's hat