Friday, October 25, 2013

Part Tres

Last but not least, we made a couple of beach runs the last couple of days.  The water was a mite chilly, but it was a blast building sand castles, digging holes, boogie boarding and playing football.  After spending about 40 minutes in the water boogie boarding with Dan, I was freezing, but the weather was great and I warmed up fast.

We also went to Ruby's diner on the main drag for milk shakes.  I had a burger the day we left for Las Vegas and I have to say this is one of the best hamburgers that I ever had.  Really, it was like melt in your mouth good.  I am sure it is not good for you, but it is a must if you are anywhere near a Ruby's.

Saturday when everyone left and was driving back home, we made one more stop at the beach.  We were staying over in Las Vegas, so we were not in any big hurry to get on the road.  It turned out to be a great idea.  We spent a few hours just playing around and then hopped in the car and started for home.

What a great vacation.  This summer was absolutely packed full of things--trek, scout camp at Flaming Gorge, Lake Tahoe, Southern California, and Yellowstone.  The Yellowstone entry will come later.  It was an amazing summer--I am sad to see it end, but we have next summer to look forward to with whatever adventures it has in store for us.
























No comments:

Shauna, Paul, and Joaquin Mayer

This is the Mayer Family blog. This is our attempt to keep a record for ourselves of the happenings of our family. It is also an attempt to make it easier for our family and friends to see pictures and get updates.

Joaquin and Papa play

Joaquin and Papa play
Joaquin and Papa play

Running in the sand

Running in the sand
Running in the sand

Sitting on the sand bench

Sitting on the sand bench
Sitting on the sand bench

big boy

big boy
I'm a big boy now!

bath

bath
Getting ready for my bath with daddy

dad and his hat

dad and his hat
I look cool in dad's hat