Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Happy Birthday You Wonderful Little Light You!!

Dear Laney:

Happy Birthday to you, you sweet little kid.  I am so proud to be your father and proud to see what you are becoming.  It was five years ago that you were born and Mom, Joaquin and I welcomed you into the family.  I remember being excited and apprehensive about having a little girl.  This is because I grew up with four older sisters and remember the fun times as well as the difficult times that often visit cute sweet girls during their young lives.  We will always be there for you and expect the best for you and from you.

Remember that life is about people and not things.  Your Mom will teach you this if you watch closely.  Your brother will teach you how to love all things and how to have fun.  You have a special gift for making people feel good about themselves and encouraging others in their struggles.  Keep it up.  You are a beautiful and sweet daughter.  I love you very much.














No comments:

Shauna, Paul, and Joaquin Mayer

This is the Mayer Family blog. This is our attempt to keep a record for ourselves of the happenings of our family. It is also an attempt to make it easier for our family and friends to see pictures and get updates.

Joaquin and Papa play

Joaquin and Papa play
Joaquin and Papa play

Running in the sand

Running in the sand
Running in the sand

Sitting on the sand bench

Sitting on the sand bench
Sitting on the sand bench

big boy

big boy
I'm a big boy now!

bath

bath
Getting ready for my bath with daddy

dad and his hat

dad and his hat
I look cool in dad's hat