Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Happy April Fool's Day

So this year's prank theme was Frozen.  In years past I had kind of defaulted to the cat food in the cereal box, which was one my Mom played on me.  Well, this year I decided that because Frozen is all the rage with the girls I would turn the tables a bit.

After the kids were asleep I took clothes and soaked them in water and then laid them on a cookie sheet with plastic bags in between each piece and then put them in the freezer over night.  The result was exactly what I was looking for.  See the results for yourself.



The joke I played on Shauna was not executed quite the way I wanted it.  Shauna fell asleep early and I snagged her cell phone and wrapped it in three plastic bags with some rice in (just in case the bags leaked) and put her phone in a bowl of water which I then put in the freezer.  The problem was that the phone wanted to float so I had to weigh it down with some kitchen utensils.  When I got up to get it out, I found the water had frozen, but that for some reason a huge air bubble had formed under the phone so it was not frozen in a solid block of ice.  I put the half encased phone on a cookie sheet and put a note next to is that said "Happy April Fool's Day!"

Shauna is always looking for her phone so this was supposed to be an extra special joke, but it came out half baked..I mean frozen.  See the results below.



Anyway I am expecting a little retribution today after work.  We will see what they have cooked up later.  

No comments:

Shauna, Paul, and Joaquin Mayer

This is the Mayer Family blog. This is our attempt to keep a record for ourselves of the happenings of our family. It is also an attempt to make it easier for our family and friends to see pictures and get updates.

Joaquin and Papa play

Joaquin and Papa play
Joaquin and Papa play

Running in the sand

Running in the sand
Running in the sand

Sitting on the sand bench

Sitting on the sand bench
Sitting on the sand bench

big boy

big boy
I'm a big boy now!

bath

bath
Getting ready for my bath with daddy

dad and his hat

dad and his hat
I look cool in dad's hat