Anyway, last Saturday we ran the half marathon and it was fun...until we stopped running. Then we just about froze to death. We had been running for an hour and a half and then suddenly stop. Then throw on top of that the fact we were completely soaked because it have been raining hard for the past hour. Then add on top of that that we were dehydrated. Then add on top of that the temperature was in the low 40's. This makes for some serious problems. I took a short video after John and I decided the only way we would survive is if we got to the car and turned on the heat.
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Half Marathon
Not much going on lately. My brother and I ran the Ogden Half Marathon on Saturday in the rain. Anyone living in northern Utah will understand that it has been wet and more wet here the past few weeks. This is by the far the rainiest spring I can remember. We need it and it is great that I do not have to turn on my sprinklers and I have not turned them on at all the entire year.
Anyway, last Saturday we ran the half marathon and it was fun...until we stopped running. Then we just about froze to death. We had been running for an hour and a half and then suddenly stop. Then throw on top of that the fact we were completely soaked because it have been raining hard for the past hour. Then add on top of that that we were dehydrated. Then add on top of that the temperature was in the low 40's. This makes for some serious problems. I took a short video after John and I decided the only way we would survive is if we got to the car and turned on the heat.
Anyway, last Saturday we ran the half marathon and it was fun...until we stopped running. Then we just about froze to death. We had been running for an hour and a half and then suddenly stop. Then throw on top of that the fact we were completely soaked because it have been raining hard for the past hour. Then add on top of that that we were dehydrated. Then add on top of that the temperature was in the low 40's. This makes for some serious problems. I took a short video after John and I decided the only way we would survive is if we got to the car and turned on the heat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shauna, Paul, and Joaquin Mayer
This is the Mayer Family blog. This is our attempt to keep a record for ourselves of the happenings of our family. It is also an attempt to make it easier for our family and friends to see pictures and get updates.
Joaquin and Papa play
Joaquin and Papa play
Running in the sand
Running in the sand
Sitting on the sand bench
Sitting on the sand bench
big boy
I'm a big boy now!
bath
Getting ready for my bath with daddy
dad and his hat
I look cool in dad's hat
No comments:
Post a Comment