Friday, May 10, 2013

To My Lovely Wife


Happy Mother's Day!  I can only hope that through my mumblings and bumblings my love for you somehow manifests itself.  You are the love of my life and have never failed to be there for me.  You are the most compassionate person I know and this is one of your greatest gifts.  

I play the curmudgeon in our relationship always wondering why so and so cannot do this or that for his or her self.  You don't ask these questions because you are already in up to your elbows helping this person or that person.  I love you for this even if sometimes it annoys me.  

You are more beautiful and graceful now than I can ever remember.  It takes these qualities to manage your life so well with three kids and husband (often grubby and grumpy) hanging on you wanting this thing or that and sometimes throwing a fit if it does not happen instantaneously .  Helping friends, neighbors, and cousins with various projects, babysitting, and other sundry needs.  

I want to express to you may love and admiration for the person you are.  You are a blessing to our children and you are teaching them the important things in life like the value of family and friends (I will have to teach them how to budget).  You have set the bar high for all of us--giving us something to aspire to and teaching us how to do it in the process.  

I love you.  Have a wonderful Mother's Day.  

Your loving Husband, 

Paul   


No comments:

Shauna, Paul, and Joaquin Mayer

This is the Mayer Family blog. This is our attempt to keep a record for ourselves of the happenings of our family. It is also an attempt to make it easier for our family and friends to see pictures and get updates.

Joaquin and Papa play

Joaquin and Papa play
Joaquin and Papa play

Running in the sand

Running in the sand
Running in the sand

Sitting on the sand bench

Sitting on the sand bench
Sitting on the sand bench

big boy

big boy
I'm a big boy now!

bath

bath
Getting ready for my bath with daddy

dad and his hat

dad and his hat
I look cool in dad's hat