Thursday, January 15, 2015

A great 2014 gives way to 2015

When I was kid it always seemed that when I was excited for something it took ages for the day of excitement to finally arrive.  I believe it was Einstein that used this phenomenon to describe the theory of relativity.  In any event, maybe the theory of relativity does not hold for adults.  Now that I am an adult life moves pretty fast. If I don't stop and look around once in a while, I miss it.  (Wow, Einstein and Ferris Bueller together--somehow I don't think Einstein would be too upset by this).  Anyway. maybe that should be my goal for 2015--to stop and look around at my life so I don't miss it. 

One thing I was wishing that I had missed was the 3:45 am wake-up call from our oldest.  This is the first year this has happened.  Usually we are in bed until 8 am, but this year we were sending him back to bed to wait.  I think we eventually opened Christmas at about 7 am.  We did wake up to a white Christmas with a couple inches of snow on the ground and another 3 or 4 inches to come.  It was a nice day just to stay in and enjoy the gifts.  

Shauna's aunt Lynette braved the snow and came over for breakfast and gave very generously to our kids.  She has been great to us and them and we were glad to spend sometime with her on Christmas.  

My life is pretty darn good and I have been blessed to have everything I could possible want.  I have had great parents, mentors, examples and teachers in my life that have borne to the place I am currently--in particular God and Jesus have been very patient with me and have always been there to listen and bless.  

Here's to a special and wonderful 2015 where things sink in and mean more.  











No comments:

Shauna, Paul, and Joaquin Mayer

This is the Mayer Family blog. This is our attempt to keep a record for ourselves of the happenings of our family. It is also an attempt to make it easier for our family and friends to see pictures and get updates.

Joaquin and Papa play

Joaquin and Papa play
Joaquin and Papa play

Running in the sand

Running in the sand
Running in the sand

Sitting on the sand bench

Sitting on the sand bench
Sitting on the sand bench

big boy

big boy
I'm a big boy now!

bath

bath
Getting ready for my bath with daddy

dad and his hat

dad and his hat
I look cool in dad's hat