Late winter is always a gas around our house, because of all of the action around here with five people. It seems amazing the lives we have carved out for ourselves in this world. Here, we must give thanks to our Heavenly Father who has been good to us. We are healthy and strong and have everything we could ever want. It is these moments of reflection that I wish I could expand our blessings to others who struggle, weep, mourn, or go hungry. I know we are not free from such things but we are in a position to help.
We were able to put together around $1,500 this past Christmas as an extended family which we then gave secretly to four families. It was great to do this, but there is much more that needs to be done. I hope we can keep giving to the best of our ability and look for more meaningful ways to do this.
Laney had her birthday and Nana and Papa came out to celebrate. We also, had Pinewood derby last week and Joaquin built a car that cam in 9th place out of 20 other cars. He sanded, painted and detailed the car. Next year we will hit it a little harder and maybe spend some more time putting the thing together. It was fun to see how excited he was about the race. Awesome.
Laney opening presents from friends,
Laney with her quilt from Nana and Papa. (Papa I am sure you put a lot of time and energy into that thing).
Cake.
Happy kid at Pinewood Derby.
This is how our family home evenings usually look. Effective...
Wow. Patient cat.
Kodiak bear. Ruby was her usual cautious self. Kept Laney between her and the bear the entire time.







No comments:
Post a Comment