Friday, February 6, 2015

Vaccines




I think enough has been said about vaccinating your children.  I just have to say God gave us all a brain and intends for us to use it.  This is not intended as an insult--I really mean this.  Take some time and look at credible reports and research.  I think the conclusion will be apparent and you can move forward from there.


Healthy skepticism is well...healthy, but to let it lead you down paths were somehow you know better than your doctor what your kids needs, is pride and arrogance.  We all have these pet projects in our life were against all evidence and understanding we choose to labor forward under false and erroneous notions.  This is when it requires us to exercise our mental faculties and do the best we can, which does not include listening to debunked pundits and research.
 

This is akin to voting.  It is hard and time consuming to actually dig down and look at the individual candidates.  However, whose responsibility is it?  Instead of voting simply based on party we are required to do some, perhaps rigorous investigation, to draw a conclusion.  Remember the Bloodhound Gang or Ghost Writer.  Well, these are skills we should have learned along time ago--maybe we need to dust them off and give them a go.  You can be a stupid voter but there is a chance your choice may hurt me or someone else...and more so with the choice to forego vaccinations.  

No comments:

Shauna, Paul, and Joaquin Mayer

This is the Mayer Family blog. This is our attempt to keep a record for ourselves of the happenings of our family. It is also an attempt to make it easier for our family and friends to see pictures and get updates.

Joaquin and Papa play

Joaquin and Papa play
Joaquin and Papa play

Running in the sand

Running in the sand
Running in the sand

Sitting on the sand bench

Sitting on the sand bench
Sitting on the sand bench

big boy

big boy
I'm a big boy now!

bath

bath
Getting ready for my bath with daddy

dad and his hat

dad and his hat
I look cool in dad's hat