Friday, November 13, 2015

Hopeful and Delicious Time of the Year

We are so blessed.  Just take a minute and reflect on what we have in this life.  Probably most people who could access this blog would be living at the highest living standard ever enjoyed by the human race.  This is not to cover up the serious problems that others face each day throughout the world, but I think when we take time to reflect on what we have, then we begin to look outside of ourselves and see what we can do to help others.  Humility gives rise to goodness, mercy, hope and generosity.

We should do this all of the time, but this time of the year in particular, lends itself to connecting and exhibiting the "better angles of our nature."  Let this wonderful time of reflection, giving, and receiving heal our wounds and hearts, while filing us with the rejuvenating power of the Christ.  Consider his life and example and be kinder and gentler to all no matter what circumstances others may be in.  Christ is no respecter of persons and loves each of us, because he sees the potential that lives in each of us.

So to you sirs and madams, I say to you, rejoice this Thanksgiving and Christmas season.  Laugh with your family and friends.  Enjoy the bounty that has been given to us and be generous with it.



          “And therefore, Uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I                                            believe that [Christmas] has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!” 

              Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol







No comments:

Shauna, Paul, and Joaquin Mayer

This is the Mayer Family blog. This is our attempt to keep a record for ourselves of the happenings of our family. It is also an attempt to make it easier for our family and friends to see pictures and get updates.

Joaquin and Papa play

Joaquin and Papa play
Joaquin and Papa play

Running in the sand

Running in the sand
Running in the sand

Sitting on the sand bench

Sitting on the sand bench
Sitting on the sand bench

big boy

big boy
I'm a big boy now!

bath

bath
Getting ready for my bath with daddy

dad and his hat

dad and his hat
I look cool in dad's hat