Last week we were invited to camp with the Arvidsons at Lost Lake in the Unitas. Lost Lake is about 10,000 feet in elevation. It was cool and nice the entire time. I was loving it, rather than sweating which is what I have been doing most of the summer. It has been really hot and continues that way. I think we need to take climate change a little more serious and do what we can to conserve and be prudent with what we have. Shauna went with the Scouts to the Salt Lake County landfill and found that it only has about 50 years left--which may seem like along time, but in reality it is not. We are required to care for the earth and treat it as stewards should. I estimate that we have avoided putting hundreds of pounds of garbage in the landfill by composting our kitchen scraps (excluding meat). It is really cool to see that waste turn into compost that can be turned into the garden.
Anyway back to camping, when we got there I promptly backed into a post denting and breaking the back light. However, after that things got better and we had a fun time with the Petersons and Arvidsons. The Petersons did not stay the night and left around 5 pm. We fished, played cards, and ate. Shauna and I went for a run on Saturday that just about killed me given the altitude and my recovery from a cold.
Joaquin is play competition soccer with the Blue Knights and has been practicing quite a bit. We went to the park after his coach told us the kids need to practice more on their own. He is getting better and more practice will help. The other kids are doing well with Laney making art projects all over the place, Ruby getting into everything and Sam starting to walk around. You cannot stop the progress of man, you can only hope to channel it for good.
Nice move Paul
Chocolate face.
I am cool and relaxed at Pack Meeting. I have a tank top on under my Scout shirt.
Enjoying summer.
Dirty Sam at Lost Creek.
It is cold!
Taking a hike.
Love ya Honey!
Flirting with disaster.
Keeping the home fire burning.
Made some friends and found a dead fish.
Laney holding the dead fish.
Watch out all you bastards. Laney has warned you.
Practicing.
Time to call it a night. Love those mountains though.
















No comments:
Post a Comment