Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Anniversary

It has been fourteen years since we got married in California.  I was pretty young and inexperienced all those years ago, but Shauna has been patient and loving despite my bumblings and stumblings.  I cannot say enough good things about Shauna and all she had meant over the years.

We have had good times and bad times, but we have been able to learn and grow from those two young kids striking out in the world together.  I remember the day we packed all of our stuff in a trailer (it was a tiny trailer) and headed out to graduate school.  It is wild to think about all the adventures we had together and how much time we had on our hands before kids came along.

Like the time we drove up to Glacier National Park and found that it was on fire and you could not see or go anywhere in the park. Or the nights running through Manito Park watching the medieval sword fights; or playing soft ball with our friends.  The softball was far and away Shauna's favorite thing we have done. Ever.

It has been more fun than I could have imagined. Here's to fourteen and many more after.








No comments:

Shauna, Paul, and Joaquin Mayer

This is the Mayer Family blog. This is our attempt to keep a record for ourselves of the happenings of our family. It is also an attempt to make it easier for our family and friends to see pictures and get updates.

Joaquin and Papa play

Joaquin and Papa play
Joaquin and Papa play

Running in the sand

Running in the sand
Running in the sand

Sitting on the sand bench

Sitting on the sand bench
Sitting on the sand bench

big boy

big boy
I'm a big boy now!

bath

bath
Getting ready for my bath with daddy

dad and his hat

dad and his hat
I look cool in dad's hat